Lana PETERNEL, Ph.D.
Senior Research Assistant
- Ph.D. in Anthropology from the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Zagreb (Thesis: Acculturation process and ethnic identity in adolescence.)
- M.A. in Biological anthropology from the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathemathics of the University of Zagreb (2003) (Thesis: Anthropological Investigation of Dietary Habits and Biometrical Assessment of Nutritional Status of Adolescents.)
- B.A. in Ethnology and Russian language and literature from the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Zagreb
Employment and professional experience:
- Institute for Migration and Ethnic Studies, Zagreb (since 2011)
- Institute for Anthropological Research, Zagreb 2000-2010)
- 2011 – 2012 Seminar "Applied Anthropology". Graduate study of Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology. Department of Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology. Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb. (Prof. Goran Pavel Šantek i dr.sc. Irena Martinović Klarić)
- sociocultural anthropology, identities, ethnicity, migrations, acculturation, adolescents
- investigations of cultural and social changes and modernity competences among youth
- modernity stress
- The Influence of Migration on Regional Development in Croatia, (Croatian Ministry of Science, Education and Sports, Republic of Croatia 076-0762385-2375)
- Contemporary Transformation of Local Communities and Cultural Diversity (Croatian Ministry of Science, Education, and Sports, 196-1962766-2743)
- Croatian Population Structure – Sociocultural Approach (Croatian Ministry of Science, Education, and Sports, 0196002)
- Health Problems, Mental Disorders and Cross-Cultural Aspects of Developing Effective Rehabilitation Procedures for the Refugees of the War Affected Countries (EC-ICA2-CT-2002-10006)
- Peternel, L. and A. Sujoldžić. 2009. Adolescents Eating Behavior, Body Image and Psychological Well-Being. Collegium Antropologicum 33 (1): 205-212.
- Sujoldžić, A., L. Peternel, T. Kulenović and R. Terzić. 2006. Social Determinants of Health – A Comparative Study of Bosnian Adolescents in Different Cultural Contexts. Coll. Antropol. 30 (4): 703-711.
- Škreblin, L. and A. Sujoldžić. 2003. Acculturation process and its effects on dietary habits, nutritional intake and body-image in adolescents. Coll. Antropol. 27 (2): 469-477.
- Škreblin, L., L. Šimičić and A. Sujoldžić. 2002. Ethnohistorical Processes, Demographic Structure and Linguistic Determinants of the Island of Vis. Coll. Antropol. 26 (2): 333-350